Creating tasty canapes couldn’t be any easier with our Kohinoor! Our Saag Aloo Side dish the perfect filling for vol au vents, samosas, and these tasty pastry puffs. With only 5 ingredients, they’re the easiest snacks to prep.
1 Packet Kohinoor Saag Aloo
1 packet filo pastry
2 tsp nigella seeds
30g butted, melted
1 egg, beaten
Mango chutney to serve
- Heat the oven to 180˚C
- Take one sheet of filo pastry and lightly brush with melted butter and layer a second sheet of filo on top.
- Add a tablespoon of saag aloo filling in a log-shape on one side of the pastry layers.
- Fold in the edges and roll the pastry up, using a little bit of melted butter on the end.
- Continue this process until all of the pastry is used up.
- Put the pastry puffs on a baking tray and lightly brush each one with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with nigella seeds and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is beautifully golden and crisp.
- Serve hot or cold with mango chutney.
Kohinoor Saag Aloo
A fresh green spinach puree cooked with a subtle mix of spices and potato chunks.